Details of changes made at AGM on 24/10/2019
2. The Competitions shall be controlled by the Executive Committee, or a Sub Committee chosen by the Executive Committee, who shall determine all disputes, which do not come within the scope of the Umpire's duty. Replaced by :-
2. The Competitions shall be controlled by the Competition Secretary. A sub committee, appointed by the Executive Committee, shall be appointed to determine all disputes which do not fall under the scope of the Competition Secretaries duties or any appeal against the Competition Secretaries decision. On finals day the appointed Umpires decision will be final.
3. closing date amended from end of February to end of December
4. New first sentence of:-
Protests shall be made within 24 hours of the playing of the tie, with a clear written statement, of the
point at issue.
5. old rule 5 eliminated as now covered by amended rule 4.
6. This rule to be combined with new rule 7 (see next point) and then to become Rule 5 with numbering of all later rules renumbered accordingly
7. Old rule 7 The result of the draw, which normally takes place in March, will be notified to the nominated member of each club by the following Monday. Updates of the draw will be notified to each Club or the nominated member, as soon as possible after the completion of each round. to be replaced by the following and added to old rule 6 as noted above :-
The result of the draw, will be distributed at the April Executive meeting and placed on the website as soon as practical there after. Updates of the draw will be notified to each clubs nominated contact as soon as possible after the completion of the previous round.
8i). The Challenger (except in the Portman and Coronation) shall offer the Opponent at least two dates. These dates must not be consecutive, and must not be a Bank Holiday. One date may be a Saturday or Sunday. replaced by:-
Within 96 hours of the start of a round the Challenger (except in the Portman and Coronation Shield) must offer the Opponent two dates. If it is the opening round of a Competition then dates must be offered by at least 20 days before the end of the round. These dates must not be within 48 hours of the date the offer is being made, may not be consecutive and must not be a Bank Holiday unless mutually agreed by the opponent. One date may be a Saturday or a Sunday. Upon receipt of the offer the opponent must accept one of the dates within 48 hours.
If the first round of the competition ends on April 27th then dates must be offered by April 6th then the first eligible date would be April 9th, the offer would have to be accepted by April 8th. If the 2nd round starts on April 28th then dates must be offered by May 1st.
8ii) old rule of:- In the Portman Trophy and Coronation Shield the Challenger shall offer the opponent at least 3 dates, one of which must be a Saturday or Sunday but not a Bank Holiday unless mutually agreed. replaced by :-
The Portman Trophy and Coronation Shield will be played on set dates agreed by the executive. By mutual agreement ties may be played earlier than the set date.
8iii) old rule of :- If the Opponent has not received an offer on the 8th day before the closing date of the round, he should contact the Challenger and offer dates (points 8i and 8ii would not apply). The Opponent, who then assumes the role of Challenger and takes home advantage, must notify the Competition Secretary of the situation, at this point. replaced by :-
If the opponent has not received an offer in line with 8i then he should contact the Challenger and offer dates. The opponent, at this point, becomes the home player and must notify the Competition Secretary of the situation without delay.
If the round starts on April 27th and no offer of dates has been received by close of play May 1st then on May 2nd Opponent becomes challenger.
Old Rule 12 now includes the option for sending scanned results cards
18 old rule of :- The Semi-Finals will be played on pre-selected greens on specified dates, to be arranged by the Executive Committee, or Sub-Committee. The Finals will be played on the first Saturday in September on a green selected by the Executive Committee or Sub-Committee replaced by :-
The Semi-Finals (except Portman Trophy and Coronation Shield) will be played on specified dates set by the Competition Secretary on neutral greens unless the 2 players / sides are from teh same club then they can choose to use their own green. The green to be organised by the Challenger but must be mutually agreed. The opponent can, if they wish, agree to play on the challenger's green and Vice Versa. In the event that a mutual green cannot be mutually agreed the Competition Secretary will determine the venue.
The Portman Semi will be played on a fixed date with the venue determined by the Competition Secretary. The Coronation Shield Semi will be played on a fixed date on a Home / Away basis as all previous rounds.
2 Woods - will be played to 21 ends not 21 shots in line with County and National versions.
The Finals will be played on the first Saturday in September on a green selected by the Executive Committee or Sub-Committee